CAS Enterprises, Inc. (“CAS”) warrants that, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations stated below and in CAS’s Proposal to the customer, the installation of a new roof will completed in a workmanlike manner according to industry standard practices and that upon completion, the work will be free from defects in workmanship.
Warranty Period: This warranty commences upon the completion of the installation of the roof and will last for as long as the customer owns the home for a period of not more than ten years. The warranty is conditioned upon full payment by customer for all labor and materials supplied in connection with the new roof installation. If a customer is not an individual, the term of this warranty will be the shorter of the period the customer owns the home or not more than ten years. The balance of this warranty is transferrable to a subsequent owner upon inspection and verification by CAS.
Customer responsibilities: For this workmanship warranty to remain valid, the customer is required to:
- If a leak or other problem is discovered, the customer must notify CAS in writing by submission of an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org, within thirty (30) days of the date of discovery. The notification must state with reasonable specificity the nature of the leak or other problem, generally where on the roof it is located and any other information regarding the leak or other problem that can assist in CAS in properly responding to the claim.
- The customer must not commence repairs to the roof except for reasonably limited emergency repairs to minimize damage to the home as a result of the leak or other problem.
- The customer must provide periodic general maintenance and care of the roof by inspecting the roof on a periodic basis, not less frequently than once each year, removing accumulated dirt, debris or other materials from the roof surface and all drainage systems serving the roof (e.g. canales, gutters), (CAS can perform, at no additional cost during the warranty period, maintenance of caulks/sealants at flashings and other roof membrane terminations, penetrations and metal work associated with the roof). It is recommended that customer maintain records of the periodic maintenance and care.
- Make the property and roof available to CAS for completion of any necessary warranty repairs without any unreasonable interference.
Upon notification of a warranty claim, CAS will, within a reasonable period of time, investigate the claim and make any necessary repairs and corrections to the work. CAS will not be responsible any damages resulting from a warranty claim.
Exclusions from coverage: The following are excluded from the warranty provisions:
- Damages caused by natural disasters such as hail, lightning strikes, fire, high winds, impact of wind-blown debris and earthquakes.
- Abuse or excessive use of the roof surface, such as excessive foot traffic or placement of structures or materials on the roof surface (e.g. heavy holiday decorations or sharp objects).
- Alterations or unauthorized repairs, including additions to the roof, additional penetrations to the roof, repairs other than limited emergency repairs to prevent further damage.
CAS DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.